.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sometimes I Wish That It Would Rain Here

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

a new metaphor on election day

how long did you stand in line to vote? I spent about an hour and forty-five minutes at my local polling place this morning. and based on what I hear from other parts of the country, that wasn't even that bad.

while you're hanging around waiting for the results to be counted (which is probably starting about now on the east coast), here's an interesting metaphor that metaViz turned up recently: a candidate is like a theory. I think it provides a great alternative to the common adversarial rhetoric surrounding political campaigns (even the word "campaign" is reminiscent of war).
click through for a full description and a link to the visualization.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home