.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sometimes I Wish That It Would Rain Here

Sunday, November 26, 2006

previews for previews

remember the "good-ol-days" of walk-in stills at movie theatres? you know, the still picture advertisements that would show on the screen while people were coming into the theatre? you remember when the theatre companies started adding television-like commercials, interviews, and other cruft, such as regal's "The Twenty"? yeah, I didn't like it much either. well I saw something today that takes it one more level. during one of these pre-show segments, I was actually instructed to be sure and arrive to the theatre early next month to catch the segment on some other upcoming movie. it wasn't enough to bombard me with advertisements, they actually had to advertise for their other advertisements.

that's right, folks, we now have trailers for trailers. what are these, meta-ads? meta-previews? meta-trailers? oh my.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, I refuse to be captive to their pre-show advertisements. I always bring a pair of earplugs with me to the movie theatre. I usually put them on when I'm getting a seat. I sometimes even keep them on through the trailers (either because the trailers are for crap movies or because they reveal too much of the plot).

    By Blogger Thomas, at Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home